TEL AVIV, Israel â€“ June 27, 2023 â€“ Variscite, a leading worldwide System on Module (SoM) designer, developer and manufacturer, today announced it has extended the guaranteed availability and lifespan of its SoMs based on the NXP i.MX7, i.MX6 and i.MX 6UltraLite. This impressive longevity extension provides Variscite customers with the assurance to continue producing their devices built on these modules until at least 2035.
The Longevity update applies to the following products:
– VAR-SOM-MX7 – Based on the NXP i.MX7, 1GHz Dual-core Arm Cortexâ„¢-A7 processor and real-time 200MHz Arm Cortex-M4 co-processor.
– VAR-SOM-MX6 – A flexible SoM suitable for a broad range of embedded applications such as industrial and multimedia. Based on NXPâ€™s iMX6 QuadPlus/Quad/Dual/DualLite/Solo cores, up to 1.2GHz Arm Cortex-A9.
– VAR-SOM-SOLO/DUAL – highly integrated solution based on NXPâ€™s i.MX6 DualLite/Solo 1GHz Arm Cortex-A9.
– DART-6UL â€“ Small size SoM with up to 900MHz CPU clock NXPâ€™s i.MX 6UltraLite/ i.MX6ULL Arm Cortex-A7 processor, featuring an optimized power, size and cost solution.
– VAR-SOM-6UL â€“ Featuring a slim-lined price-point, the SoM runs on up to 900MHz CPU clock NXPâ€™s i.MX 6UltraLite/6ULL Arm Cortex-A7 processor.
â€œAs leaders in the SoM market supporting thousands of customers in various embedded segments, we are committed to generous longevity across all our platforms. Our extended longevity alongside the high quality of our products and long-term hardware and software support give our customers peace of mind knowing that their end products are rock-solid for years to come,â€ said Ofer Austerlitz, VP Business Development and Sales of Variscite. â€œOur in-house production provides us with the ultimate production flexibility and allows us to further extend the longevity even beyond the original 15 years, while maintaining a stable supply-chain, as we have done even through the recent worldwide component crisis.â€
Varisciteâ€™s longevity program is specified here.
The VAR-SOM-MX6, VAR-SOM-SOLO/DUAL and VAR-SOM06UL are members of the VAR-SOM Pin2Pin family that enable compatibility with a wide range of modules based on different processors, performance and features. Pin-compatibility allows Varisciteâ€™s customers to easily scale at any point of the product lifecycle while using the same carrier board design for all platforms and enjoy reduced development time, costs, and risks. An extended lifespan of the design can be achieved by upscaling to a newer pin-compatible SoM.
Variscite is a worldwide leading System on Module designer and manufacturer, setting the bar for embedded solutions since 2003 with high-quality modules. The company provides the broadest ARM-based SoM portfolio in the embedded market with a wide range of configuration options that cover an entire embedded product and application range; from entry-level to high-performance solutions. Variscite’s in-house production fully complies with the strict medical ISO13485 and ISO9001 standards. Along with the company’s ongoing online documentation and personal support as well as the generous longevity, the company’s customers are enjoying consistent, reliable products and services starting from the earliest development stages throughout the end-product lifecycle.
For more information, please contact Varisciteâ€™s sales team at email@example.com or https://www.variscite.com/contact-us/