As homeowners, we all want to keep our houses clean, comfortable, and safe for our families. But pests pose a threat to these. Unwanted insects and rodents can contaminate food and living areas, transmit harmful diseases, trigger allergies and respiratory problems, cause anxiety, and damage your homeâ€™s structures.
Effective pest management is crucial to protect your familyâ€™s health and propertyâ€™s structures. And the best way to control these unwanted guests is by deterring their entry into your house. Here are a few tips to prevent an infestation from the leading pest control experts in Indiana, Arrow Services, Inc.:
1. Block Off Entry Points – Mice, cockroaches, and other pests can enter your home through even the tiniest crevices and gaps. Search for openings in doors, windows, siding, roof, and pipes, and promptly patch or fill these potential entry points. Doing so keeps pests out and prevents holes and cracks from getting worse.
2. Store Food Properly – Pestsâ€”like antsâ€”have a heightened sense of smell and are attracted to food. Keeping dry goodsâ€”like flour and cerealsâ€”in airtight containers and putting leftovers in the refrigerator will prevent luring nasty rats, roaches, and other critters into your house.
3. Keep Your Home Clean and Tidy – Maintaining a clean and organized living space is a simple way to prevent pests from your home. Wiping countertops, mopping floors, and vacuuming every corner of the house can help eliminate stuff that can attract nasty critters into your home.
Getting rid of clutter is also crucial for home pest control. Long-forgotten boxes, paper stacks, and wood piles can serve as nesting and hiding places for vermin.
4. Regularly Dispose of Trash – Garbage provides an overflow of food for pests, so you should remove it from your house every day. You can also rinse food containers, like milk jugs, with water before throwing them in the garbage bin to prevent attracting insects and rodents. In addition, use trash containers with lids to keep critters out.
5. Get Rid of Standing Water – Pests are drawn to stagnant water typically found in flower pots, tires, or gutters. They can serve as breeding grounds for mosquitoes and drinking water sources for rodents and roaches. So, eliminating standing water around your property can be helpful for home pest control.
Taking these proactive steps can help prevent critters from invading your home. If you’re already dealing with a pest infestation, it’s best to contact an exterminator immediately. Get in touch with Arrow Services, Inc. if you live in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois. Their licensed pest control specialists will identify and eliminate unwanted insects or rodents on your property.
About Arrow Services, Inc.
Arrow Services, Inc. is the leader in residential, commercial, and industrial pest control in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois. Their licensed exterminators use the latest techniques and equipment to effectively control a wide range of pests while prioritizing environmental safety. Please call if you have questions regarding their services.